B-Metro, the voice of metropolitan Birmingham, brings to life the people, places, and things that make this region such an extraordinary place to live. We have developed a magazine and digital brand that reaches out to find the extraordinary in the ordinary, to create a space online and in print that reflects the richness of the community by giving it a voice.
Inside our pages and digital content, you’ll find passion—a passion for this place we call home, the passion of people who are living their best life here in metropolitan Birmingham, and the passionate discourse of ideas, hopes and dreams captured in print and digital media. —Joe O’Donnell, Editor & Publisher
B-Metro: Award-winning Photography and Writing
B-Metro enjoys a reputation as a progressive style and cultural leader in the region, with multiple awards and accolades for the photography and writing it produces (including the 2011 National Award Winner for Best Photography in a City/Regional Magazine). Connected, experienced and community-driven, we can help you reach your desired audience through active print and digital channels.
To learn more about forming a relationship with B-Metro that can enhance and build the quality of your business, please call Cathy Fingerman at 205-202-4182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
B-Metro: Delivers an Upscale Consumer Audience
In-Home Delivery: Audit Certified
- 4% Events/Promotion
- 7.5% Newsstand
- 1% High Volume Locations
- 87.5% Subscriptions/Direct Mail(In-Home Delivery)
Press Run: 20,100 per month
Total Readership: 60,149 each month
Audit: Certified Verification Council, 2011
B-Metro readers are passionate about the Birmingham Region and its people, places and culture. If you’re looking to reach an active, affluent audience, you’ll reach them in B-Metro.
- 63% female, 37% male
- 99% college-educated
- 130K avg HH income
- 90% of readers are between the ages of 24-64
Source: CVC Audit 2011
B-Metro’s A-List Weddings*
B-Metro Wedding Shower
Faces of Birmingham
Closing Date: November 18
Red Dress Party
B Healthy (Heart)*
B on the Beach*
Birmingham Fashion Week
Cox Best in Minority Business
Closing Date: Dec 21
Closing Date: January 20
Best Chefs/ Profiles
Style Guide (Spring/Summer)*
B Home & Garden*
Closing Date: February 17
Closing Date: February 24
B Healthy (Women’s Health)
Closing Date: March 19
Young Hot Birmingham
Closing Date: April 19
Excellence in Nursing Awards
Closing Date: May 21
Green Building Focus
SEC Football Preview
Closing Date: June 20
B Healthy (Cancer)
B Home & Garden*
Style Guide (Fall /Winter)*
Closing Date: August 20
Closing Date: September 20
The Wish Book (Annual Issue)
Closing date: October 5
Mail Date for In-Home Delivery: Nov 15
Giving Back Birmingham
The Giving Party
Closing Date: October 18
* Advertisers in these sections will qualify for a bonus write-up (200 words)
B-Metro Print Ad Specs
Digital files should be supplied in PDF format with CMYK color. Files can be e-mailed if the file size does not exceed 10 MB. All files should be 300 dpi and 133 linescreen or higher.
- Trim Size: 9” x 10.875”
- Two page spread bleed: 18” x 10.875” Add .125” bleed on all sides.
- Full page bleed: Add .125” bleed on all sides.
- Live Area 7.25” x 10”
- Half Page Horizontal: 7.25” x 4.5”
- Half Page Vertical: 3.5” x 9.25”
- Quarter Page: 3.5” x 4.5”
B-Metro: Digital Platforms Expand Your Reach
Our goal online is to create a community of voices to attract a vibrant, engaged audience. Our ability to engage that audience is tied to our web content, which is wide-ranging and flows back and forth from print to web to social media. Here’s a taste of our on-line content.
Columns & Blogs
- In the Garden: Noted writer and devoted gardener Charlie Thigpen shares the green world
- Style: Fashion consultant & stylist, Tracey Robinson keeps B’ham chic and au currant.
- Cherri Ellis: The low-down on life, live and larks in the ‘ham and beyond.
- Digital City: Andre Natta takes a closer look at what’s going on in the local virtual world.
- The Glamorous Life: Glamor for real people, healthy beauty tips from Lee Ann Brown
- Ask Micah: Common-sense advice to the senseless.
- Connections: Addictive storytelling from the Birmingham perspective of Paget Pizitz
- In the Studio: An Arts-centric view of Birmingham’s arts & performance scene
Digital Content and Interaction
- www.B-Metro.com: An interactive, professional high-traffic site hosting fresh content weekly.
- B-There: Direct delivery eNewletter highlighting community arts & culture events weekly
- Facebook: Engaging daily with over 10,600 friends
- Twitter: Interacting daily with 3,500 followers, advertisers and partners
- Pinterest: Showcasing the best photography and images from the b-Metro world
- Instagram: Posting images live from around the city for a growing audience
Digital Ad Specs:
- Leaderboard: 728p x 90p
- Tile: 200p x 200p
- Weekly E-Blast: 550p x 400p
Joe O’Donnell, Editor/ Publisher
Cathy Fingerman, Associate Publisher email@example.com 205-202-4182 Ext. 2
Robin Colter, Creative Director
Joni Ayers, Advertising Sales
Gail Kidd, Advertising Sales
Paige Gardner Smith, Digital Media Manager
B-Metro is published monthly by Fergus Media, LLC
2805 2nd Avenue South Suite 200 • Birmingham, AL 35233
205.202.4182 | www.b-metro.com